2021The North Wind by Alexandria Warwick
"I pass the mug into her trembling hands. She shakes so severely the mug slips from her grip and shatters at her feet."
- a ceramic mug (dishwasher/microwave safe) and sustainably sourced bundle of black sage from California.
"He passes me a round glass orb the size of my fist that emits a pale, rosy light. It warms my palm through my glove like the smallest of suns.
- a small moon light (glows rose and white) with micro-USB charging cable and stand.
"Long ago, I wrapped the slip-cover of a local hunting manual over the naked hardcover of this erotic romance novel so my sister wouldn't be inclined to pick it up."
- a faux dust jacket covers a copy of Dangerous by Minerva Spencer
"One by one, he pries away my fingers to reveal the scarlet liquid contained within the glass."
- a glittery, travel sized, roll-on perfume.
Middle Grade Box
Summer Reading, Special Edition, 2020The Blue Witch by Alane Adams
The Rubicus Prophecy by Alane Adams
Witch Wars by Alane Adams
"She pointed at a jar full of bulging eyeballs. Abigail grimaced, then unscrewed the jar and dug her fingers into the slippery organs. Her stomach did a somersault."
- a custom designed eyeball jar filled with eyeball bouncy balls.
"The breeze stirred, ruffling her hair. A star in the sky burned brighter, so bright it was actually blue, pulsing with light."
- an electric star light that casts star shapes on the walls/ceiling when plugged in.
The Rubicus Prophecy
"Something clattered against her window panes. Climbing off her bed, she flung them open. A mechanical bird made of battered tin fluttered its wings, creaking slightly. In its beak it held a piece of paper."
- a paper bird with USB port to charge and fly.
"He took a pouch from around his neck and dumped out a small key. Taking the shard of stone from Robert, he tucked it inside, looping it around the boy's neck."
- a small pouch, piece of cord, and glow-in-the-dark stone. The stone is meant to be inserted into the pouch, and then the pouch closed over the cord, just like in the book.
"Plucking the apple from his pocket, he placed it on the tabl. He waved a hand over it, and it lifted, spinning slowly."
- a small apple candle.
"He raised the hammer and threw it at Utgard-Loki. There was a gust of wind and distant booming sound, and then the hammer returned to Vertulious's hand."
- a large inflatable, spiked hammer.
images by @The_Bookish_Runner