December BoxThe Love Letters of Abelard and Lily by Laura Creedle
"Rosalind was eating out of a bento box filled with brown rice, raw carrots, and seaweed salad."
- a blue polka-dotted bento box.
"I stuck the picture on the bulletin board and collaposed on my bed, empty."
- a thought bubble shaped corkboard and a custom designed drawing as mentioned in the novel.
"Abelard stood in the middle of the room, barefoot. He was wearing different sunglasses than the pair he wore to Dan's."
- a pair of Ray Ban style sunglasses.
"We stood in the entryway, close enough for me to catch the scent of sandalwood, soap, and warmth."
- a bar of sandlewood scented soap.
November BoxDare Mighty Things by Heather Kaczynski
"She jerked her head toward my pillow, where a thin envelope was resting."
- a custom designed, scientific pillowcase and a letter.
"I twisted the bracelet around my wrist...it was translucent gray, with what appeared to be a tiny gold microchip embedded in the plastic."
- a gray bracelet step counter.
"Someone had found a deck of cards in the living space - maybe forgotten about, maybe left there on purpose."
- a deck of custom designed playing cards.
"I put Ganesh and the piano key in my PPK, along with the rest of my momentos from home."
- a custom designed NASA wrist pouch containing the contents of Cassandra's Personal Preference Kit which included a photo of her family, a scrap of paper with Beethoven's Sonata op. 106, her grandmother's Ganesh pendant and a piano key.
October BoxSparked by Helena Echlin and Malena Watrous
"...we'd covered the fridge with favorite photos."
- a set of four small magnets and a photo as described in the novel.
"On top was a hardback copy of Hemingway's "The Sun Also Rises". It looked like another antique. The cover showed a woman in a one-shouldered dress, leaning back against a tree. I opened it noticing that the paper inside was yellowed, and there was handwriting on the title page."
- a custom designed book safe as described in the novel.
"She was wearing red-and-white striped leg warmers under a pair of cargo shorts..."
- red-and-white striped leg warmers.
"She pulled one of her little pewter cups from the velvet evening clutch."
- a small cup inside a blue, velvet clutch bag.
September BoxPaintbrush by Hannah Bucchin
"...her hair in its signature long gray braid, colorful scarves drapped around her shoulders."
- a large, multicolored bohemian scarf.
"I roll my eyes and take a bit of my PB...and J sandwich - delicious homemade bread courtesy of Libby."
- a tree patterned, insulated lunch bag and a homemade bread recipe card.
"He points the flashlight in my direction and flashes it on and off."
- a green, travel flashlight.
"The best part is the lights - delicate strands that blink like fireflies wrapped around every tree trunk and branch on the property."
- a strand of fairy lights.
A Traveling Festival of Smoke
August BoxDaughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody
"A wooden sign sticks out of the dirt by the entrance...I kick it down. Then I kick it again after it's fallen."
- a custom wooden 'Gossip Worker' sign.
"I pick up a small sack of coins and count them. Fifteen gold pieces."
- a custom printed pouch with 15 'gold' coins inside.
"Hesitantly, I pick up the pocket watch and open it. I remember there being an engraving inside."
- a pocket watch necklace with a custom engraving as written in the book.
"I make my grand entrance, wearing my red sequin mask....I untie the ribbon in the back, let the mask slip off and shove it in my pocket."
- a red, sequin masquerade mask.
Song Bandits of a Mirror World
July BoxThe Hush by Skye Melki-Wegner
"A sorcery lamp dripped bluish light through his cell."
- a blue 'sorcery lamp' that glows blue.
"But she nodded and scampered back toward the kitchen, where Susannah kept a small blackboard and chalk at the end of the table."
- a small chalkboard with twine for hanging.
""What are those?" he said. "Those...tattoos?""
- a temporary, treble clef tattoo reminiscent of one a character has in the story.
"The circular room had the same aroma of honey-smoke, only more intense."
- a mason jar "The Hush" candle, inspired by the honey-smoke scent.
"He tightened his grip on the pistol with one hand, while the other clenched greedily at his pendant."
- a violin shaped, velvet box with a nautilus shell pendant inside.
Princess of Swan Lake
June BoxDark Breaks the Dawn by Sara B. Larson
"When the door opened and a page entered the room, holding a tray with a white card, Ceren nearly closed her eyes..."
- a pink leaf shaped tray with a white card from the book.
"The new queen slumped into a chair, took a sip of the cold chamomile-and-lavender tea...and made a face."
- a packet of chamomile-and-lavender tea inside a silicone 'teacup' cupcake mold and recipe for a single serving cupcake, stuck in the back of the book.
"Ceren grumbled, and Evelayn shook her head as she bent to put on her slippers."
- a pair of grey lace slipper-socks.
""I have something I need to give you." And then he pulled out the most beautiful ring Evelayn had ever seen."
- a gold-tone ring with a pink center stone and clear stones surrounding it.
Hurricanes and Heartache
May BoxBetween Two Skies by Joanne O'Sullivan
"Now that we live together, she lets me brush her hair for her at night."
- a detangling brush.
"Without saying a word, I reach up and rip the stupid headband off my head..."
- a sparkling headband, reminiscent of a tiara.
"I see a laminated menu lying on the ground. I pick it up."
- an 11" laptop sleeve and a custom designed diner menu inspired by the book.
"Before I know it, she's gone out to her car, brought in a slow cooker filled with gumbo, and plugged it in."
- a packet of gumbo mix in a custom designed pouch with cooking instructions.
Mixed Media Memories
April BoxThe Hidden Memory of Objects by Danielle Mages Amato
"They were my constant companion: a pair of little gold embroidery shears shaped like a stork."
- a pair of little gold embroidery shears shaped like a stork.
"I reached up to rub Tyler's button, which I still wore on the string around my neck."
- custom made button necklace.
"I dropped my backlae to the floor...and dug until I found my wallet. I pulled out Detective Johnson's business card..."
- a black and white backpack with a lime green wallet inside, with a custom printed business card in one of the pockets.
"He went to his desk and retrieved a pair of gloves, sealed in a clear plastic bag."
- a pair of sealed black gloves.